Thursday, July 2, 2015

Fab Candles

#stampinup  I can't believe that when I first saw the "Build a Birthday" stamp set as a choice in the pre-order, my thought was, "Meh." Oh my goodness --I was so wrong! People have been making fabulous cards with this set--so you betcha that it was on my second order!!

This week's Fab Friday challenge is a color challenge: use some or all of the new In-Colors. I chose Watermelon Wonder and Cucumber Crush, along with a little Delightful Dijon.



I stamped the candles in Watermelon Wonder and Cucumber Crush onto a scrap of Whisper White card stuck and fussy cut them. Then I stamped the flames in Delightful Dijon onto Whisper White and fussy cut them, too. I cut a Whisper White oval from the Oval Framelits Collection and the next larger sized oval in Watermelon Wonder. I arranged the candles a little haphazardly onto the oval, just for a little interest.

I ran a Cucumber Crush panel through the Big Shot, embossing it with the Decorative Dots embossing folder. I attached this to a Whisper White card base. I cut a 1" strip of Whisper White and a 1-1/4" strip of Watermelon Wonder. I flagged the ends with the Hexagon Punch. I stamped the "happy birthday" sentiment onto the Whisper White banner in Cucumber Crush.

I adhered the oval onto the card with Stampin' Dimensionals, and a tilted it just a little bit. I added the banner with Stampin' Dimensionals as well. 

And there you have it! I think it turned out right cute!



Product List

2 comments:

  1. I love the combo of Watermelon Wonder & Cucumber Crush. It's such a fresh summer look! I like how you used the Decorative Dots e.f. to echo the dots on the candles! Thanks for sharing at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun! What bright and cheery combination of colors! Thanks so much for playing along with this FabFriday color challenge.

    ReplyDelete