Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Because I'm Happy

#stampinup   This week's sketch at the Create with Connie and Mary challenge blog uses four elements stacked on the left side of the card. I had an idea to use the "Layered Letters Alphabet" but I couldn't come up with a word that I liked that would fit on a 5.5" x 4.25" card. So back to the drawing board!

CCMC363

I stared at my stamp sets for a good long time. I don't like to repeat myself (let's just forget that obsession with Mint Macaron and Basic Black and the "Birthday Blossoms"set) and I don't like to make something that seems to derive from the design team's ideas or the cards already posted in the challenge. I finally settled on the "Celebrate Today" set and thought I could stamp the balloons in various shades of blue for an ombre effect--but those balloons are ginormous! With a little creative placement, I think I pulled it off.

I stamped one balloon in each of the following colors: Pacific Point, Marina Mist, Pool Party, and Soft Sky. I cut them out with the matching Balloons Framelits Collection. I stamped the "birthday" sentiment in Pacific Point on a Pool Party mat and then ran it through the Big Shot with the Large Polka Dot Embossing folder. I adhered the Pool Party piece onto a Pacific Point card base.

I adhered three Stampin' Dimensionals to the back of each balloon and stacked them on top of each other along the left side of the Pool Party Panel. I finished the card by adding some Basic Rhinestones for a little party bling!


 

Product List

8 comments:

  1. Love the ombre effect with your balloons getting darker as you go down. Great use of colors. Love the little sequins for bling. Thanks for playing the Create with Connie and Mary sketch challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great ombre effect - those balloons make a great and impactful birthday card! I love how you echoed the circles in the embossed background too and those sequins are the perfect finishing touch. Thanks for joining us over at Create With Connie and Mary this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the ombre effect of the balloons and congratulations on getting 4 balloons on the card! All of those happys make your card an extra special birthday card for someone! Thanks for playing along with us at Create with Connie and Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the balloons! I had the same idea and they were going to be my plan B if my flower card didn't work out! Yours turned out wonderfully!!!!! Thanks for playing with us at Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the ombre balloons! It is sometimes hard to move away from the DT ideas...but you did an awesome job! Great birthday card with all the circles! Thanks for playing along with the sketch challenge this week on Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The ombre balloons look fantastic!!! I had though of balloons for this sketch and in my mind they seemed too big, but I didn't even think to layer them like you have done - genius!!! Thanks for joining us at Create with Connie and Mary this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a creative way to use the balloons for this sketch! The ombre color effect and layering the balloons are a terrific idea and very original! Thanks for joining us at Create with Connie and Mary for the challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this cascade of balloons in ombre tones! I would have never imagined getting four of those balloons on one card, but you have done it beautifully with room to spare! Great job! Thank you for joining us at Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete