Friday, June 19, 2015

Three Little Maids

#stampinup  The sketch at the Freshly Made Sketches blog is quite simple...which makes coming up with a design a bit difficult for me. So many choices. The design team made some FABULOUS cards--you should visit the site and take a look. My card kind of created itself as it went along.



I started with a Mint Macaron card base. I added a strip of Whisper White, backed with a Basic Black mat. This matched the sketch exactly...but I was stumped for a bit trying to figure out how to fill the white space. 

I also decided I needed a bit of texture on the card base, so I embossed it with the Zig Zag Embossing Folder.

I stood in front of my stamp shelves and looked and looked and decided to use the "Petite Petals" stamp set. I haven't used it in a while (I went on a "Petite Petals" "fast," because if that was the only set I had, I'd be happy to use it all the time. I love it that much!!), so it was a good choice for this card.

I stamped three flowers in Memento Tuxedo Black onto Mint Macaron scraps and punched them out with the matching Petite Petals Punch. I lined them up and liked how they looked on the bottom right of the white space, but what sentiment would I use?

I went back to staring at my stamp shelves. I spotted the wonderful sentiment from the "Choose Happiness" set and stamped it in Tuxedo Black, using my Stamp-a-ma-Jig to align it properly. 

The flowers were just a little bland. I tried punching a smaller flower with one of the Teeny Tiny Accents Punches, but that didn't work. Then inspiration struck (finally!) and I got out my 1/4" Circle Hand-Held Punch and punched three circles from Mint Macaron. I attached these to the flowers with Glue Dots and the flowers to the Whisper White piece with Stampin' Dimensionals.
 


Product List
103683s
[103683]
$5.25

2 comments:

  1. Lovely CAS card. The textured background is great and I just love those three wee flowers! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This really is a lovely card! I love your choice of colours and your clean white space to show off those flowers. Thanks for joining us at FMS this week!

    ReplyDelete