Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Pretty in Red

#stampinup   When I first saw the sketch at this week's CAS(E) This Sketch challenge, I thought about doing a card in almost all white, with just a pop of color. But in the execution of the design, it just was too bland, so I added some black.



I punched 4 1" squares from Whisper White card stock and aligned them onto a 4-1/4" square of Basic Black card stock. I attached this with Stampin' Dimensionals to a Whisper White panel, onto which I stamped a sentiment from the "Flower Patch" stamp set in Memento Tuxedo Black. I layered the Whisper White panel onto a Basic Black mat and adhered the whole assembly onto a Basic Black card base with Stampin' Dimensionals.

Next I stamped a flower from the "Flower Patch" set in Real Red onto a Whisper White scrap. I stamped the flower details with another stamp from this set in Memento Tuxedo Black. I cut the flower out with the Flower Fair Framelits and attached it to the square pieces with Stampin' Dimensionals.

I think the card really pops now and I love how clean and simple the design turned out to be!


Product List

2 comments:

  1. Stunning card!
    Thanks for joining us at Case this sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, so pretty! Wonderful take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete