Friday, June 5, 2015

Hey Macarena!

#stampinup  One of the fabulous new In Colors (2015-2017) is Mint Macaron. Not "macaroon," but the more hoity-toity, Frenchified "macaron." Except that every time I think about this color, I start singing, "Hey Macarena!" I don't know why. I'm silly like that.

Today's card is a clean and simple and quick and easy card that really showcases Mint Macaron and the "Blended Bloom" stamp. This stamp is gorgeous when colored in using the Aqua Painters and ink, but I think it's stunning left on its own as line art. I also used the "Work of Art" set for the sentiment, aligning the two pieces with my Stamp-a-ma-Jig and stamping them separately. Both the flower and sentiment are stamped directly onto the Mint Macaron panel.

The card base is also Mint Macaron and I added a Basic Black mat just for that monochromatic pop! Finally, I added a row of small Basic Rhinestones at the top and bottom of the card--and then colored these with a black Sharpie(TM).


Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment