Friday, June 12, 2015

Fresh Red Bloom

#stampinup  This week's sketch at the Freshly Made Sketches blog really drew me in. I love the clean and simple design and had an idea right away. But I got "stuck" in the middle and had to regroup. So, a card that I thought would come together quickly, needed a bit more thought. And a bit more. And then some more thought. But I think I got it in the end!
 
I started with a Basic Black card base and added a Whisper White mat. I added a strip of Everyday Chic Designer Series paper and a length of Basic Black Stitched Satin Ribbon. I'm overjoyed to have some Basic Black ribbon!! I want to use it all the time and we've had a drought for a while. This first part came together quickly and I liked it....but then I was stymied.

I stamped a sentiment in Memento Tuxedo Black from the "Flower Patch" stamp set on the bottom of the card. I almost stopped there. It was perfectly clean and simple--but it didn't fulfill all the elements of the sketch. So I stamped a solid Real Red flower from the "Flower Patch" photopolymer stamp set and a Tuxedo Black center. I also stamped the center element in Real Red. I cut the flower and center with the coordinating Flower Fair Framelits set. I attached the center with one Stampin' Dimensional and adhered the flower to the card with three more Stampin' Dimensionals.

Finally, I added a few Basic Rhinestones to give the card a little bling. I think all that thinking really paid off in the end. I'm pleased with the final project!


Product List

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! I love the black, white and red together! Love the DSP and the black ribbon! Very elegant! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great color combo! The red just pops! Pretty card! Thanks for joining us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete