Saturday, June 20, 2015

Creation Station: More New Goodies!


#stampinup   Hello again! Welcome back to the Creation Station blog hop. Our design team is super excited about ALL the NEW stuff in the NEW Stampin' Up catalog that we just couldn't wait to show you MORE stuff! This hop features a potpourri of wonderful NEW Stampin' Up products!

I just got the "Heartfelt Sympathy" set. I have to say: I think this is my favorite sympathy set. I love the font used on the sentiments. I love the tiny flowers. I think this set is so elegant. I wanted to make a card that would be suitable for a man or woman.

I started with a Tip Top Taupe card base and added a Basic Black mat. I stamped the sentiment and flowers in two corners onto Very Vanilla with Tip Top Taupe ink. It's so easy to place your image exactly where you want it when you're using Stampin' Up's photopolymer stamps!

Next, I tied a length of Basic Black Stitched Satin Ribbon around the card. I'm so glad to have a black ribbon this go-round. I've been missing it. When I was finished, I thought the card was a little too bland. I thought about piercing the corners, but thought that would be too busy. Then inspiration--or desperation--hit me. I grabbed some Vellum Card Stock and cut it to the same size as the Very Vanilla piece. I attached it to the card with glue dots cleverly hidden behind the ribbon.

I used a Very Vanilla Panel mounted on a Basic Black mat inside the card. I usually don't double-mount inside, but I wanted to pull the elegance of the simple layout all the way through the card. I stamped the sentiment inside with Tip Top Taupe, too.

You can keep hopping around the blog hop by using the "back" and "next" buttons. I know you're going to want to see some great creations using product from the NEW Stampin' Up catalog!


http://www.inchofcreativity.com/2015/06/creation-station-blog-hop-new-product.html
http://www.sarahklass.com/blog/creation-station-blog-hop-endless-birthday-wishes

Product List
103683s
[103683]
$5.25

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! The stamp set is one of the best sympathy sets I've seen in my many years of stamping, and your use of vellum is genius! I hope the card remains in your stash for a long time, but when you do need it the card will provide comfort with its beauty and lovely message.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful sympathy card, Kathy. I love the addition of the vellum layer - brilliant!

    ReplyDelete