Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Black & White & Red All Over

#stampinup  I really like to combine Basic Black and Whisper White with a pop of Real Red. That was my go-to color combination in the 80s and I still like it!



For this week's Watercooler Challenge, I started with a Basic Black card base and added a Whisper White panel embossed with the Stylish Stripes embossing folder. I wrapped a length of Real Red 1/8" Taffeta Ribbon around the Whisper White panel before adhering it to my card base.

I cut a 2"x2" Whisper White square and mounted it onto a 2-1/4" square of Basic Black. Next, I stamped the "Bloom for You" flower in Real Red onto a Whisper White scrap and punched it out with the coordinating Fun Flower Punch. I stamped a hexagon from the "Six-Sided Sampler" set in Real Red onto a Whisper White scrap and the sentiment in Memento Tuxedo Black. I fussy cut the hexagon, right along the edge. I punched a Basic Black hexagon and mounted my stamped Real Red piece onto that. I attached both the flower and hexagon with Stampin' Dimensionals. Easy-peasy!!


Product List

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kathy, I totally agree with you. White, black and a splash of red are wonderful together. You've made this CAS card pop with that flower and hexagon. Love it! Thanks so much for joining us for the Watercooler Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool combo Kathy. You're right...that red really pops against the black and white. Very cool layering of image, shape and texture too. Thanks for joining the Watercooler Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete