Thursday, April 2, 2015

Fresh Colors

It's getting to be that time again...when the Stampin' Up in colors are getting ready to retire. I hate that time. I know I will miss the colors that are only around for a couple of years. So I start using them. A lot.

 
I thought the 2013-2015 In Colors would be great for this week's Freshly Made Sketches challenge. I wasn't sure where I was going with this, but then I got an inspiration.

I started with a Pistachio Pudding card base and added a Crisp Cantaloupe mat that I embossed with the Large Polka Dot Embossing Folder. Nice. Then I added a half circle of Baked Brown Sugar. It was kind of bland, so I embossed it with the Stylish Stripes Embossing Folder. I added a couple of lengths of Whisper White Twine from the Painted Blossoms Twine in the Occasions Catalog. And then had my ah-hah moment: It's a basket. A flower basket!

I stamped a flower from the "Flower Patch" set in Crisp Cantaloupe and cut it with the matching "Flower Fair" Framelits. I stamped a sentiment from my go-to sentiment set, "And Many More," that I'd punched with the Modern Label punch. I love these colors together. I'm gonna miss them!!


Product List

1 comment:

  1. Very pretty use of the In Colors! Lovely textures on this. Glad you joined us this week at FMS!

    ReplyDelete