Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Black-Eyed Susans

I interpreted this week's CAS(E) This Sketch quite literally. I liked the idea of a bright flower bursting out of a square. It's what I imagine the flowers in my yard are thinking about doing--bursting out of the ground. But I also imagine those flowers poking their tender little heads out of the ground and squealing, "Oh my gosh! It's too cold!" Spring can't get here soon enough


I wanted some bright yellow flowers to remind me that spring really will be here before I know it! I stamped two flowers with the "Bloom For You" stamp in Daffodil Delight onto Whisper White card stock and punched them with the "Fun Flower Punch."

Next I took a panel of Tangerine Tango and cut a 2.5"x2.5" square out of it using the Stampin' Trimmer. I mounted this onto a Whisper White card base. Then I put the flowers into the square so that they burst out of it onto the Tangerine Tango panel.

The flowers needed a little somethin'-somethin' so I added a Basic Black button and a Whisper White Baker's Twine bow. Now they look like black-eyed susans. I added a sentiment from the "Cheerful Critters" stamp set to finish the card.

(Don't mind the purple blob on the photo--it's a problem with my iPhone. Ugh. I'll be visiting the Genius Bar tomorrow to get it fixed or replaced.)

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment