Monday, March 30, 2015

Red Bird of Happiness

This week's color combination at the Create with Connie & Mary challenge blog is out of my wheelhouse--and that's what makes it a challenge! I kept wanting to pull out Crumb Cake and Pool Party. I really need to read directions a bit more closely!

CCMC348

I started with a Soft Sky panel and stamped the Woodgrain Background stamp in Sahara Sand. I didn't know quite how I was going to get the branch and the bird on the card, so I just stamped them onto a scrap of Very Vanilla--and they turned out so wonderfully--the bird was placed exactly where I wanted it and I was afraid I wouldn't be able to recreate that. So I decided to go with it. I tore a corner off the Woodgrain panel and adhered it over the Very Vanilla piece.

I adhered the main piece onto a Sahara Sand panel and then onto a Soft Sky card base. I stamped the sentiment in Rose Red onto another Very Vanilla scrap and then punched it out with the Large Oval Punch. I love it when a design comes together by accident!


Product List

8 comments:

  1. I love it when a design comes together by accident too, and this is a great one! The section that is torn away to reveal the bird and branch is really clever! I will be CASE-ing that idea! Thank you for joining us at Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely design...and I dig the torn corner idea....beautiful! Thanks for joining us at Create with Connie and Mary this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet card! The hardwood background is perfect with the nature type elements. Love the torn edges! Thanks for joining us this week at Create with Connie and Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You really brought the design together with the elements you chose! Love the torn corner which fits so well with the woodgrain design! Great idea! Thanks for joining us this week for the challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty! Love the bird and branch in the torn out area. Thanks for playing the Create with Connie and Mary color challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the torn corner - it looks great with the hardwood top layer! Such a clever card. Thanks for joining us for our colour challenge over at Create With Connie and Mary this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty card! I love the Sahara Sand woodgrain ink over the Soft Sky panel...and the torn edge is great with your images! Thanks for playing along with the color challenge this week on Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like how you 'tore out' part of your wood panel to show the bird behind it. The Sahara Sand looks so good on the Soft Sky to create the wood panel! Thanks for playing along this week in the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete