Friday, January 23, 2015

Dotted Birthday

I'm playing along in another new-to-me challenge: the Stampin' Up Only (SUO) Challenge blog. The challenge this time is to use dots. I used some, see if you can find them!

I started with an image from the Balloon Bash stamp set. I'd stamped it for another card, but, man, oh man that's one BIG image! It needs a place to call its own. I cut it with one of the Oval Framelits and thought about placing it in the center of the card, when something told me to offset it a bit. I mounted the oval onto a Coastal Cabana panel that I'd embossed with the Large Polka Dot Embossing Folder. The Coastal Cabana panel is mounted on a Strawberry Slush mat for a little pop of color and then the assembly is mounted onto a Whisper White card base. I added three strands of Whisper White Baker's Twine for a little extra interest. Et voila! A bold, colorful, easy, 10-minute birthday card!


Product List

3 comments:

  1. What a fabulous 10 minute card! Love the way that you offset the sentiment along with the Baker's Twine accent and Polka Dot background- great job!! Thanks for playing along with us at SUO Challenges :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card for our dotty challenge - this is such a fun sentiment and it looks great on this card! Thanks for joining the fun this week at SUO

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great monochromatic creation!!

    ReplyDelete