Thursday, January 29, 2015

A Retro Birthday

Sometimes I have an idea and it works out beautifully and other times, not so much. The sketch at the Retro Sketches challenge blog looks simple enough--and the design team made some lovely cards. But my idea just didn't work out...twice!



I finally changed tactics--new colors, new accessories, new stamp set--and then it came together perfectly! For this card, I started with a Night of Navy card base. I cut a piece of the Birthday Bash Specialty Series Paper with two sizes of Banner Framelits. I cut another piece with the Starburst Framelits. I put these together on a 3"x3" piece of Calypso Coral card stock, in accordance with the sketch. I had to add a piece of Coastal Cabana Ribbon from the Best Year Every Accessory pack.

The simplicity of the "Happy Birthday" sentiment on one corner of the Calypso Coral square makes me happy. I don't know why. It just does. Two large rhinestones finish the design.


Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment