Monday, November 24, 2014

Tap Tap Tap

So, my day started out kinda meh and turned way into ARGH!! Life with teenagers. Um, long (long, long) story short: My son "lost" his backpack. We drove all over town revisiting everywhere he'd been all afternoon, trudged through the woods twice--after dark--and it eventually dawned on him that he really hadn't lost his backpack, but he'd left it at his friend's house--half a block away. ARGH!! That's an hour and a half of my life I'll never get back.

Oh, and then when I got home around 8:30, my darling daughter was waiting for me to help her with her homework. Really? You have TWO parents. ARGH!!!

So, my crafting time didn't start until like 10:00. Fortunately, this week's Paper Craft Crew Challenge blog has an awesome sketch to spur on my creativity.

Paper Craft Crew Card Sketch 119 #cardsketch #stampinup #papercraftcrew

Next, I grabbed a piece of Confetti Celebration DSP which set my color scheme: Basic Gray, Pistachio Pudding, Strawberry Slush. With all the elements on this sketch, I decided it needed a simple, but edgy image and the "Tap Tap Tap" set filled that bill nicely. I think this card turned out pretty well for a "rush job"!!

(Stamp Sets: Tap Tap Tap, Gorgeous Grunge; Inks: Basic Gray, Strawberry Slush; Card Stock: Basic Gray, Pistachio Pudding, Strawberry Slush, Whisper White; DSP: Confetti Celebration; Accessories: 2" Circle Punch, Basic Gray Baker's Twine, Basic Rhinestones)



1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, what a day Kathy! And what a wonderful card to finish it! I love your choice of DSP and stamps and that gorgeous pop of Strawberry! Thanks for joining us at The Paper Craft Crew this week :-)

    ReplyDelete