Wednesday, November 26, 2014

A Cheery Octopus

The challenge this week at the Addicted to Clean and Simple blog is a sketch. I decided to use a set that I haven't picked up in quite a while: Sea Street. I've been making Christmas and fall cards for a while, so I wanted a little change of place. This sketch challenge was just the ticket for a change of pace!
 

I really love the colors in the Maritime Designer Series Paper--"classic" Real Red and Night of Navy and an "In Color" Coastal Cabana. I can never quite figure out how to "display" the cute octopus in this set. Fussy cut? Circle Framelit? Square? Ah! I tried the Window Frames Framelit Collection and I like it!!

(Stamp Sets: Sea Street, And Many More; Inks: Coastal Cabana, Real Red; Card Stock: Real Red, Night of Navy, Whisper White; DSP: Maritime; Accessories: Window Frame and Banners Framelits Collection, Real Red 1/4" Cotton Ribbon, Pool Party Candy Dots)

1 comment: