Friday, October 24, 2014

Stamp Etching (Thanks, Lydia!)

During this past summer's #InspireCreateShare2014 Stampin' Up! convention, I met the fabulously talented (and wickedly funny) Lydia Fiedler. During one of the presentations (Stampin' Up! invites real life demonstrators onto the stage to do demonstrations!) Lydia showed a technique that she called "stamp etching." She's also got a tutorial over on her blog, Understand Blue. You should subscribe to her blog...so entertaining and so many good ideas!!

Well, I thought I'd give it a try. And I thought I knew how to do it. And I thought my card turned out pretty well, but, um, well, I guess I didn't follow the instructions. But I think Lydia would be just fine with that because art is art and has no instructions.

So here's my stamped etched card for this week's Nacho Average color challenge.

 
(Stamp Sets: Blended Bloom, Good Greetings (Hostess); Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black; Card Stock: Bermuda Bay, Basic Black, Crushed Curry; DSP: Flowerpot; Accessories: Basic Black Stampin' Write Marker)
 

5 comments:

  1. Great job!! Love how you added to the flower!! thanks for playing this week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really pretty! Nice work with the etching. Great use of the colors. Thanks for joining us at Nacho Average Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the flower etching-looks like quite a task. Great card-thanks for playing this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know how you're "supposed" to do it, but I think this looks great! Thanks for playing along with this week's Nacho color challenge!

    ReplyDelete