Friday, October 3, 2014

Retro Hello Friend

Yesterday's card was based on a bold, geometric sketch--which I loved! Today's card is based on a sketch that is a little more "frou-frou," which is harder for me to accomplish. I thought about this sketch all day and I had planned a completely different card, using Typeset DSP and Blushing Bride, but somehow Crisp Cantaloupe and Baked Brown Sugar were calling to me instead. In fact, yesterday when I was using the 2014-16 in-color collection I thought that I had abandoned the 2013-25 in-colors. And I felt bad about that.

So the sketch over at the Retro Sketches challenge blog looks like this:



I grabbed some Crisp Cantaloupe and Baked Brown Sugar card stock and designer series papers and the also neglected "Four Frames" stamp set and went to work. Oh my gosh! I used so many different patterns and punches. This is a bit out of my comfort zone...but I like the colors together and the gold and pearl accents, so I think it works.

(Stamp Sets: Six-Sided Sampler, Four Frames; Inks: Baked Brown Sugar, Crisp Cantaloupe; Card Stock: Baked Brown Sugar, Crisp Cantaloupe, Whisper White; DSP: 2013-2015 In Color DSP Stack,Lullaby; Gold Glimmer Paper; Accessories: Stylish Stripes Embossing Folder, Scallop Edge Border Punch, Oval Punch, Decorative Label Punch, Petite Flower Punch, Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack, Hexagon Punch (for banner ends), Basic Pearls, Gold Metal Buttons, Gold Baker's Twine)

No comments:

Post a Comment