Thursday, October 9, 2014

Retro Anniversary

Oh boy! Oh boy! The challenge on the Retro Sketches blog this week is a "stamper's choice." We can choose any sketch in the Retro archives. I love having a choice--but it wasn't easy!! There are so many awesome sketches in the archive. I had to go way back to April 2013 to find the sketch I wanted to CASE. I saw several along the way that piqued my interest, but this one said: "You need an anniversary card and you won't have time to make one the day before your anniversary 'cause you'll be away on business." I can't believe I have my anniversary card made almost a month prior to my anniversary!!



I've been wanting to make some flowers using the Petite Petal Punch and Typeset Specialty Series paper and this sketch allows me to do just that. I found an already made Cherry Cobbler card base on the floor near my cutting station. I love Cherry Cobbler with Very Vanilla and Basic Black. I knew two of the sentiments from the "Good Greetings" hostess set would be perfect on this card. I'm really pleased with how it turned out. Hope Hubby will like it. (And I hope I remember I have it when our anniversary rolls around!)

(Stamp Set: Good Greetings (Hostess); Ink: Cherry Cobbler; Card Stock: Cherry Cobbler, Basic Black, Very Vanilla; DSP: Typeset Specialty Series; Accessories: Fancy Fan Embossing Folder, Banner Framelits Collection, Petite Petals Punch, Banner Punch, Basic Rhinestones)

No comments:

Post a Comment