Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Boo To You!!

Today's card just sort of "came" to me. I saw the wonderful sketch over at this week's Retro Sketches challenge and knew it would be fun to use one of the label punches. I toyed around with some ideas and then inspiration struck me like a bolt of lightening. I love it when that happens!



I've said it before: I don't really "do" Halloween cards, but I was inspired to make some cute little ghosts on a pitch black tag. And I've been using the heck out of this sheet of Tangerine Tango DSP from the "Flowerpot" DSP pack. Good thing there are two of each design in each DSP pack!

(Stamp Set: Good Greetings (Hostess); Ink: Tangelo Twist; Card Stock: Tangelo Twist; Basic Black, Whisper White; DSP: Flowerpot; Accessories: Owl Builder Punch; Angled Top Tag Punch, Tangelo Twist Stitched Satin Ribbon, Snowflake Card Die--banner framelits)
The multiple ribbon wraps on the sketch reminded me of mummy wrapping and the punched label reminds me of a tombstone. I know I'm late to the "using the Owl Builder punch to make ghosts" but they were just what this card needed! And it all came to me in a flash!

No comments:

Post a Comment