Thursday, October 23, 2014

Birthday Flowers

The last couple of days I've shown you some fall cards. I'm trying not to get into a rut, so I chose some bright and cheery, any time of the year colors for my entry into this week's Freshly Made Sketch challenge.



One of the first designer series papers that I bought was the "Back to Black" set. I love, love, love black and white! I originally thought about doing this card in Basic Black and Whisper White, with a splash of Real Red, but the Pacific Point ink pad was calling me: "Here I am! Over here! I feel neglected. It's been such a long time." So I swapped out the Basic Black mat from behind the "Back in Black" DSP and added a Real Red mat. Once I'd added my flowers to the vase, I remembered that I had a bunch of Pacific Point Candy Dots! Yay! They were just the right element to finish off the card.

(Stamp Sets: Pictogram Punches, Teeny Tiny Wishes; Inks: Pacific Point, Real Red; Card Stock: Whisper White, Pacific Point, Real Red; DSP: Back to Black; Accessories: Zig Zag Embossing Folder, Circles and Banners Framelit Collections, 2-1/4" Circle Punch, Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack, Pacific Point Candy Dots)

2 comments:

  1. Love that bold graphic design as a background! Pretty card! Thanks for joining us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card Kathy! I do love those bright colours! Great DSP choice! Love the embossed background! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete