Monday, September 15, 2014

Ridiculously Amazing BFF BD

My BFF lbirus got me started stamping. She's awesome! She's so creative. Me? I'm not as creative, so it's always a challenge to make just the right card for her. For this year's birthday, I had to rely on the awesome stampers who post their work on Splitcoast Stampers. I found an amazing card that I simply had to CASE for my BFF. The original card was made by Carrie Rhoades and you can see her creation here.

This is the card I made for my BFF.

(Stamp Set: Amazing Birthday; Inks: Rose Red, Strawberry Slush, Hello Honey; Card Stock: Hello Honey, Whisper White, Strawberry Slush; DSP: Gold Glimmer Specialty Series; Accessories: Banner Framelits Collection; 1-11/4" Circle Punch, Small Oval Punch, Fringe Scissors, Gold Sequin Trim, Gold Baker's Twine, Rose Red, Strawberry Slush, Hello Honey Stampin' Write Markers, Dots and Stripes Decorative Mask, Sponge Daubers)

I loved the way Carrie used the striped template from the Dots and Stripes Decorative Mask to make the customized striped background. I used a dot of Snail Adhesive on the back of my Whisper White panel and aligned everything on my grid paper so that the stripes would be straight. I used sponge daubers and applied each color separately, cleaning the template between colors (ask me how I know).

When I finished the card I realized that it wouldn't fit into an A2 envelope, so I used the envelope punch board to make a custom envelop (which I didn't photograph--sorry).
 

No comments:

Post a Comment