Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Masculine Fall Birthday

I'm playing along with The Paper Players challenge blog for the first time! This week's challenge is to make a clean and simple masculine birthday card.

I grabbed the oldest-but-still-current stamp set that I own: "Lovely As A Tree." I stamped the image in Old Olive onto Very Vanilla and layered it onto Cajun Craze and Old Olive. I had a piece of "Color Me Autumn" DSP right at hand and thought a strip would give just a pop of autumn color. I was going to add the sentiment directly onto the Hello Honey card base, but I as I was getting ready to stamp it, I thought it would be better on a little banner--so I added that. I like the way all the elements go together, but the card stayed clean and simple.
(Stamp Sets: Lovely As A Tree, Teeny Tiny Wishes; Inks: Old Olive, Cajun Craze; Card Stock: Hello Honey, Cajun Craze, Old Olive, Very Vanilla; DSP: Color Me Autumn; Accessory: Banners Framelits Collection)

2 comments:

  1. Kathy, I love this stamp set! It makes such a gorgeous card! Your colors are fabulous for this time of year! Thank you very much for joining us at The Paper Players this week! XX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Indian corn in the background, Kathy. Thanks for playing with the Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete