Tuesday, July 15, 2014

My Convention Swaps: Over the Top Tags

I'm sitting in the lobby sipping a Cosmo in the beautiful and funky Monaco Hotel in the center of the stamping universe: Salt Lake City, Utah!

This week I'll be sharing the swaps I've made for convention. I'm in 4 organized swaps--that means there is a hostess and rules to follow for the creation. Mostly the rules are: make it "convention quality." That means do your very best work.

I saw a call for the "Over the Top Tags" swap and thought that would be fun so I signed up right away. And then the panic set in! The rules said that the tag had to be at least 3-1/2" by 6" (including ribbon). That's one whopper of a tag! I had an idea but it just didn't pan out. So....off to Pinterest! I found a bunch of ideas there and came up with a bling-y, vintage-y design.

(Stamp Sets: Everything Eleanor, Teeny Tiny Wishes; Ink: Black Stazon; Card Stock: Basic Black, Very Vanilla; Specialty Papers: Typeset and Champagne Glimmer Paper; Accessories: Banners Framelits Collection, Very Vanilla Seam Binding, Antique Brads)
The Champagne Glimmer banner is the largest in the Banners Framelits Collection, so I had to make my own ginormous Basic Black tag base, Very Vanilla tag layer, and Typeset Specialty Paper tag layer. 

Can't wait to share the tags I get in return!!

No comments:

Post a Comment