Thursday, July 17, 2014

My Convention Swaps: Now This Is Convention Quality!!

One of my stamping heroes, Lyssa Zwolanek, hosts a "convention quality" swap every year. The rules are quite strict, but that ensures that you get high quality swaps in return. I perseverate a little over whether my swaps are "convention quality." They must be at least three layers (check), have at least one embellishment (check), and be nicely stamped (check). What Lyssa doesn't say--and the "rule" I put on myself is that the design needs to be on par with the other stampers. Yikes!

Here's the card I came up with for the CQS. Tomorrow I'll share the angel CQS swap card.

(Stamp Set: Pictogram Punches; Inks: Wild Wasabi, Daffodil Delight; Card Stock: Daffodil Delight, Basic Black, Wild Wasabi, Whisper White; DSP: Park Lane; Accessories: Zig Zag Embossing Folder, Banners Framelits Collection, Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack, Fringe Scissors, Whisper White 1/8" Cotton Ribbon, Basic Rhinestones)
I used my fringe scissors to add some interest on the Basic Black mat. I stamped a star from the Pictogram Punches set in Daffodil Delight and mounted it on the greeting. Kinda cute if I do say so myself (and I do).

No comments:

Post a Comment