Thursday, July 3, 2014

I Choose Happiness

Seems like I'm giving out a lot of advice lately: my kids, my coworkers, my friends. My underlying theme for my life and what I like to pass on to others is that happiness is a choice. I choose to be happy--even when things aren't really going my way. I try to stop wallowing in my own whatever and give my problem to God. I choose to let Him take care of my concerns (sometimes it's hard to let go, but I get there eventually). I choose to be happy.

When I saw Stampin' Up's new set, "Choose Happiness," I knew I had to have it! And it's a collage-type stamp set, too, which I love to play around with. The set just arrived today along with some other goodies that I'll be using to make my Stampin' Up Convention swap cards. I know I'll be using it over and over!

Today's card is based on a sketch on the Paper Craft Crew Challenge blog. Here's the sketch:

Paper Craft Crew Card Sketch #100

Here's my card:

(Stamp Sets: Choose Happiness, Petite Petals; Ink: Blackberry Bliss; Card Stock: Calypso Coral, Daffodil Delight, Old Olive, Whisper White; DSP: Park Lane; Accessories: Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder, Starburst and Chalk Talk Framelit Collections, Whisper White Cotton Ribbon, Petite Petals Punch, Old Olive Candy Dots)
I'm liking these bright colors together. I really went with the polka dot theme--Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder, the multi-colored polka dot DSP from the Park Lane collection, the polka dot flower from the Petite Petals set, and even the Old Olive Candy Dots!

1 comment:

  1. Such a beautiful bright, happy card Kathy :-) I love how you've carried the polka dot theme through too. Thanks also for sharing your story behind the card - I have a similar philosophy :-) Thanks so much for joining us at The Paper Craft Crew this week

    ReplyDelete