Wednesday, July 30, 2014

I Can Haz Color?

One of the LOL Cat memes is "I can haz"--you've seen it right? Look at this cute little kitty.  Reminds me of my Bo.



But I digress. You may have read on my blog that I don't like to color because I'm not very good at it and I'm never satisfied with the way my coloring looks. But coloring is growing on me now that Stampin' Up! has introduced Blendabilities alcohol-based markers!! I had a couple of opportunities to play with Blendabilities during the #InspireCreateShare2014 Stampin' Up! convention. Here's a little something I made.

(Stamp Set: Today and Everyday; Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black; Card Stock: Coastal Cabana, Basic Black, Whisper White; Accessories: Coastal Cabana Thick Baker's Twine; Blendabilities: Coastal Cabana, Calypso Coral, Daffodil Delight)

The Stampin' Up! helper stamped the image from the "Today and Everyday" stamp set for me and then coached me as I colored the lanterns. I think it turned out pretty well. I brought my little work of art home and I layered it on a panel of Basic Black and then onto a Coastal Cabana card base. I added some Coastal Cabana Thick Baker's Twine and I was done. Easy-peasy and I think I can haz color!

No comments:

Post a Comment