Friday, July 4, 2014

Happy Fourth of July!

When I got the June Paper Pumpkin kit and finished my "Paper Pumpkin Happy Dance" I immediately followed the directions (I'm a firstborn and and ISTJ--it's what we do) and made the pinwheels and plopped them into a mason jar. So cute! If you missed it, you can see it here on my previous blog post.

Since the new and improved Paper Pumpkin kits are jam-packed with supplies, I knew I wanted to make a patriotic banner for the Fourth of July (and face it, the banner may stay up until Christmas...). Here's the banner hanging on my mantel. You can see the mason jar with the pinwheels on the right (next to my handsome son's high school graduation picture--that's him in 5th grade on the left of the clock!)

© Stampin’ Up!


Here's a closer shot of the pinwheels (and you can see all three of my kids in their middle school portraits):

© Stampin’ Up!


and a closer view so you can see how I attached the pinwheels to the Basic Gray Baker's Twine and decorative paper clip embellishments that came with the kit.

© Stampin’ Up!


And after both projects, I still have supplies leftover: 3 pinwheels, 3 paper clips, 3 big silver brads, several yards of Basic Gray Baker's Twine, 24 4"x6" cello bags, 21 striped paper straws (which my DD claimed because "they're so cool and I always wanted to use straws like this"), and 21 Whisper White pre-cut banners. Of course, I still have the "Pinwheel Party" photopolymer stamp set and the Night of Navy Stampin' Spot.

I hope you and your family enjoy celebrating our nation's birthday and that you take some time to remember the sacrifices of our men and women in uniform--and those who went before the--who defend our nation.

Oh! And don't forget to check back here on Sunday for another Creation Station blog hop!

No comments:

Post a Comment