Friday, July 11, 2014

Happy Birthday, Bro

So, my brother's birthday is tomorrow. I've been meaning to make a card for him all week. But I'm buried in convention swap "card parts." And tonight I attended my BFF's new catalog open house. (My BFF is also my downline.) I knew I'd be there for a while this evening, but I also knew she had planned a really cute make and take card. And I knew that I could convert that make and take into a birthday card for my bro! And I knew I could use that card on my blog tonight. Winning!

Here's the ever-so-cute card my BFF, Lynn Birus, designed (based on a design she saw on Pintrest).

(Stamp Sets: Sea Street, Four Wishes; Inks: Real Red, Night of Navy, Pool Party; Card Stock: Real Red, Night of Navy, Whisper White; DSP: Maritime; Accessories: Banner Punch, Coastal Cabana Thick Baker's Twine, Stampin' Spritzer, Piercing Tool)
The "sea" behind the octopus is made by stamping a clear block directly into the Pool Party ink pad and spritzing it with alcohol from a Stampin' Spritzer. The little crabbie flag is attached to the octopus by using a Piercing Tool and punching just above and below one tentacle and threading a toothpick through. So cute!!

No comments:

Post a Comment