Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Retro Ombre

This week's retro sketch challenge is simplicity itself. Yeah, that's the problem. Sometimes simple doesn't mean easy. It's an art to make a simple card. I try hard to embrace the space, but I still have to put some texture in the background. Check out the design team's cards at Retro Sketches--they're masters of the art of clean and simple!

I think I've mentioned before that I have a "thing" for pinks--especially paired with green and black. That's a yummy combination! For my card, I used an ombre technique with Melon Mambo, Primrose Petals, and Blushing Bride.

Here's the retro sketch this week....



And here's my ombre card: 


(Stamp Set: Six-Sided Sampler; Inks: Melon Mambo, Primrose Petals, Blushing Bride; Card Stock: Pear Pizzazz, Basic Black, Whisper White; Accessories: Hexagon Punch, Honeycomb Embossing Folder, Basic Black Taffeta Ribbon)
I repeated the hexagon shape on the card base and the Whisper White Strip, as well as the hexagons themselves. I punched the pink hexagons, but fussy cut them along the stamped image to eliminate the extra white background. Then I mounted them on a punched Basic Black hexagon for a bit of a pop!

No comments:

Post a Comment