Monday, April 14, 2014

Spring has sprung! (momentarily)

We've had a gorgeous few days here in central Maryland. Bright. Sunny. Warm (but not too warm). Simply lovely weather. But we have a saying here in Maryland--Don't Like the weather? Wait a few days. Apparently, we're getting a nasty, cold rain coming through and instead of being near 80 degrees, we're going to be lucky to get out of the 40s on Wednesday. Brr!

I was so happy to see the colors Connie and Mary have chosen for this week's color challenge. They're Bright and Sunny colors. So I'll be able to look at my card and remember what our fleeting spring felt like--at least for a few days!

Here are the colors:

CCMC298

And here's my card.

 
(Stamp Sets: Pleasant Poppies, Petite Pairs; Ink: Gumball Green, Tangerine Tango, Daffodil Delight; Card Stock: Tangerine Tango, Gumball Green, Daffodil Delight, Whisper White; Accessories: Blender Pen, Framed Tulips Embossing Folder, Curly Label and Small Oval Punches, Essentials Piercing Pack, Daffodil Delight Stitched Grosgrain Ribbon)

I used my Blender Pen to color the flowers and the stems. I thought the greeting in the oval was "lost" on the Curly Label Punch--and then I remembered that the Essentials Piercing Pack has a template for that punch, so I pierced around the perimeter of the label.

 

6 comments:

  1. I love how you layered the colors on the flowers! So pretty! And the piercing around the sentiment does help it to stand out! Thanks for playing the challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Spring! And what a pretty card you created. Love the blended colors in your flowers. Thanks for joining us this week at Create with Connie and Mary. And I hope your warm weather comes back soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poppies....poppies...every time I see this stamp, I think of the Wizard of Oz and the Wicked Witch putting everyone to sleep! Your card does not put everyone to sleep! I like how you stamped the image in the green and then watercolored the flowers...makes it look realistic. I like the dry embossed frame...makes it look like a picture. Thanks for playing the Create with Connie and Mary color challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your two-tones poppies are so realistic! Such a pretty Spring card! Thanks for joining us in the Color Challenge this week at Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW...I would not have thought of using the Poppies with these color and they look FANTASTIC!!! Thanks for playing along this week in the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great colors for those poppies! Love it! The embossed frame is great with it, too! Thanks for playing along with the color challenge this week on Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete