Friday, March 7, 2014

Another CASE from Stampin' Success

I told you that Stampin' Success is FULL of ideas. This month's issue was no except. I saw two cards that I immediately wanted to CASE. I shared the first one with you yesterday. Here's the second card CASEd from Stampin' Success.

(Stamp Set: Yippee-Skippee!; Ink: Basic Black; Card Stock: Whisper White, Crushed Curry, Basic Black; DSP: Kaleidoscope; Accessories: Basic Black 1/8" Taffeta Ribbon, Basic Metal Button, Silver Baker's Twine)
I made a boo-boo when I cut the DSP and the triangles were facing the wrong way. Doh! But as we always say, "There are no mistakes in stamping, only stamping opportunities!" So I mounted my DSP on a Basic Black panel and then on a Crushed Curry panel so it would be facing the right direction. I cut a tiny strip of the same DSP, but flipped it over to get the dotted Island Indigo strip on the top.

These colors are so bold and the black really makes the whole card POP! I used the Silver Baker's Twine because it matched the Basic Metal Button. PROTIP: If you look really closely, you'll see that I knotted the end of the Baker's Twine so that the silver doesn't unravel.

No comments:

Post a Comment