Thursday, February 27, 2014

Retro Tag

Over at Retro Sketches, this week's challenge is to create a tag. Here's the sketch:



When I saw the sketch, I had in mind that I wanted to do something a little shabby chic and a little grungy. I "cheated" a little because I had a spiral flower already made up. It was one I used at a demonstration--and I'd banged it on the table to rough up the leaves so that it was shabby. I used the Little Leaves Sizzlit to make some leaves. I LOVE that Sizzlit!! (I wonder why I don't use it more often.) For the grunge, I went straight to the Gorgeous Grunge set and used the splatter-dot stamp in Cherry Cobbler.  After I assembled everything, I thought the tag still needed a little something, so I grabbed a couple of rolls of washi tape. I finished the tag with Cherry Cobbler Seam Binding and Silver Baker's Twine.

(Stamp Set: Gorgeous Grunge; Ink: Cherry Cobbler; Card Stock: Very Vanilla, Cherry Cobbler, Old Olive; Accessories: Spiral Flower Die, Little Leaves Sizzlit, Watercolor Wonder and (retired) Washi Tape, Cherry Cobbler Seam Binding, Gold Baker's Twine, Scalloped Tag Topper Punch, Basic Rhinestones)

1 comment: