Friday, February 21, 2014

Happy Card

My BFF bought me a stamping magazine for my birthday. It has loads of ideas on techniques and layouts. Just what I need for a little inspiration. I saw a card that was stamped onto a page from an old book. The colors were so vibrant and sweet, so I decided to create my own version of the card. I used stamps from three different stamp sets. I don't always do that...in fact, when I first started stamping, it never occurred to me to stamp outside the (stamp container) box. I never thought to use stamps from more than one set to create a card. Of course, I do that all the time now--but I think three sets might be new record for me!

(Stamp Sets: Yippee-Skippee!, Mixed Bunch, Papaya Collage; Inks: Melon Mambo, Midnight Muse, Pumpkin Pie, Daffodil Delight, Wild Wasabi; Card Stock: Blushing Bride, Midnight Muse, Melon Mambo, Very Vanilla; DSP: Modern Medley; Accessories: Bracket Label Punch, Linen Thread, Basic Pearl)





There are so many elements I like about this card. I like the "old book" sheet from the Modern Medley black and white DSP pack. I like the Midnight Muse panel paired with the Blushing Bride card base. I like the Linen Thread tied around the top. And I like all the vibrant colors in the floral "collage." I even pulled out my Melon Mambo ink pad! I used to use that color all the time, but I've switched allegiance to the 2013-2015 In Colors--at least for the time being. 

I used Yippee-Skippee! for the sentiment and punched it with the Label Bracket punch. I punched a piece of Melon Mambo with the same punch and cut it in half to back the sentiment so it didn't get lost on the page. I used the Mixed Bunch set in Melon Mambo, Pumpkin Pie, and Daffodil Delight--some stamped at full strength and some stamp as a "generation" (stamp again, without reinking). And I used the leaves from the Papaya Collage set in Wild Wasabi. Lots of elements, but easy-peasy to make, and pretty, too!

1 comment:

  1. I laughed when I read your comments about using stamps from several different sets. From Day 1 of my stamping obsession, it never occurred to me to limit myself to one stamp set. When demonstrating, I still struggle to limit a card to two stamp sets. I LOVE your card!

    ReplyDelete