Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Guest Artist Series: Watercolor Treat Bags

My BFF Lynn is the next artist in my guest artist series. Lynn is my stamping inspiration--she got me into this mess in the first place (no wait, I think it was Jane....) Anyway, Lynn is a phenomenal crafter and stamper and she inspires me all the time. (She inspires me in spiritual things, too, which is another reason Lynn is my BFF!!)

Lynn made these super cool treat bags for a stamp camp she held during Sale-a-Bration (which is STILL GOING ON TO THE END OF MARCH). I helped out and was nervous because the treat bags are made using the Envelope Punch Board which I haven't played with much. But they are actually super easy to make. They'd be great favors for any occasion--a baby shower, a wedding shower, classroom treats.

Here's how to make them: Start with a 5"x5" piece of DSP. Line the left side of the paper with the 2" mark on the Envelope Punch board and punch and score. Rotate your paper counter-clockwise until the score line is lined up with the pointer on the Punch Board. Punch & score. Rotate your paper counter-clockwise again until the score line is lined up with the pointer on the Punch Board. Punch & score. Rotate your paper counter-clockwise once again until the score line is lined up with the pointer and punch, but do not score. Use the corner rounder on the Punch Board to round all your corners. Fold the sides in and adhere. Then fold the bottom up and adhere. Done! 

Lynn tied some ribbon around her treat bags and added a label from the Label Love stamp set tied on with Gold Baker's Twine. Super Cool! Super Easy!

(Stamp Sets: Label Love, Fabulous Phrases; Inks: Island Indigo, Daffodil Delight; DSP: Watercolor Wonder; Accessories: Envelope Punch Board, Summer Starfruit and Gumball Green Stitched Satin Ribbon, Gold Baker's Twine, Artisan Label Punch)

No comments:

Post a Comment