Thursday, February 20, 2014

Colorful Birthday


Spring14-04

Connie & Mary posted another color challenge for their spring collection (CCMCSPRING14-04). As usual, I never thought of putting these colors together--but now I really like this combination! I especially like the addition of black. I think it grounds the other colors without making them too garish--but it also makes them pop. 

The focal stamp is one from the See Ya, Later set you can get for FREE with a $50 order placed during Sale-a-Bration. It's probably my favorite SAB set. I used a panel of of Kaleidoscope DSP backed with a Basic Black panel. For some texture, I used the Scallops Textured Impressions Embossing Folder from the Occasions mini catalog. I cut the sentiment with one of the framelits from the Apothecary Accents set and used the same framelit to cut a piece of Crushed Curry, which I cut in half lengthwise to make a backing for the sentiment. I tied it all together (see what I did there?) with a piece of Bermuda Bay 1/8" Taffeta Ribbon.

(Stamp Set: See Ya Later; Ink: Basic Black; Card Stock: Crushed Curry, Basic Black, Whisper White; DSP: Kaleidoscope; Accessories: Scallops Embossing Folder, Apothecary Accents Framelits, 1/8" Bermuda Bay Taffeta Ribbon)

No comments:

Post a Comment