Monday, January 27, 2014

St. Agnes Holiday Craft Night


 

One of my wonderful friends from church works with the St. Agnes Breast Center in Baltimore, Maryland.  Every year they host a different fund raising event and I've helped out in small ways--donating baskets of stamping supplies or stamped projects for their auctions. This year, they decided to host a holiday craft night for their patients. The idea was to have the patients make a few small items that they could give as gifts during the holiday season. Many of the women brought their children or grandchildren.

I decided I'd make a little project I'd seen on Splitcoast Stampers in their Weekly Inkling tutorial. I made one of these as a pillow gift for my BFF's first convention and it was quick and easy, and ever so cute! I thought it would be an ideal project for the guests at the St. Agnes holiday craft night. (I'm not including a supply list because just about everything is retired.) The boxes are filled with a small tube of hand cream and the cutest snowman emery board!


I'd love to show you the ladies and kids making all the projects, but I didn't ask them if they would mind having their pictures on my blog. So for privacy's sake, here's a picture of our set up, with our guests kept anonymous. My project is on the left. My BFF Lynn's project--covered notepads--is on the right.


I hope we can do this again next year--it was fun and rewarding!!


No comments:

Post a Comment