Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Kaleidoscope Birthday

Today's entry in my week of birthday cards is a colorful card. I received a swap at the Stampin' Up convention using this layout and I knew it would be awesome with the NEW Kaleidoscope Designer Series Paper from the Occasions mini catalog.  I really like how the colors pop on the Basic Gray background. I don't think I would have come up with the Strawberry Slush, Crushed Curry, and Bermuda Bay color combination on my own--thank goodness the Kaleidoscope DSP did that for me! I used the hexagon punch to cut out the end of the flags--so super easy (easier than using the 1" square punch, IMHO). I added a little bling by adhering the largest basic rhinestones to the "ears" of the Strawberry Slush piece, to which I added dimension by running it through the Stripes embossing folder. I put it all together and gave it depth with Stampin' Dimensionals. Quick, easy, and colorful!



(Stamp Set: Label Love; Ink: Bermuda Bay; Card Stock: Basic Gray, Strawberry Slush, Crushed Curry, Whisper White; DSP: Kaleidoscope; Accessories:  Hexagon, Artisan Label, Decorative Label Punches; Apothecary Accents Framelits; Stripes Embossing Folder; Basic Rhinestones)


 BIRTHDAY CARD MAKING CLASS:  JANUARY 25, 2014



Time:  1:00-5:00 at my house

Make:  2 cards of each of 5 designs, including one distinctly male design

Cost:   $20--or $10 with a $50 order. Plus, if you order $50 you can choose a FREE Sale-a-Bration item. (Sale-a-Bration starts on January 28th, but I’ll hold the order until then so you can take advantage of SAB!)

No comments:

Post a Comment