Thursday, January 30, 2014

How About a Snow Day Color Challenge? (CC462)

I was pretty productive last week during our mini snowmageddon. I checked Splitcoast Stampers for some inspiration and saw the color challenge for the week: a wild blushing primrose (CC462). In other words: Wild Wasabi, Blushing Bride, and Primrose Petals. 



Love, love, love, these colors together. And wouldn't you know it? These are the colors I had in mind when I started down the path to create something with my new Petite Petals stamp set and matching punch (until I was distracted by Connie & Mary's color challenge).
 
This time, instead of cascading the flowers, I just randomly adhered them around the greeting. I used my bone folder to curl the petals and popped up the flowers on dimensionals.  I used the tiniest pearls from the basic pearls in the center of each flower and on the greeting label. The "dessert" part of the challenge was to add a button with something, like a pearl, on top. So I did just that! 

(Stamp Sets: Petite Petals, Timeless Talk; Inks: Wild Wasabi, Blushing Bride, Primrose Petals; Card Stock: Wild Wasabi, Blushing Bride, Primrose Petals, Whisper White;Accessories: Primrose Petals Stitched Satin Ribbon; Petite Petals, Modern Label & Word Window Punches: Basic Pearls; Whisper White Designer Button; Adorning Accents Edgelits and Embossing Folder)

There are loads of stamping challenges on the various stamping sites. You should never be without inspiration! I hope my little blog inspires YOU!!



No comments:

Post a Comment