Monday, January 6, 2014

Blog Series: Birthday Cards

This week, I'm going to do a series of blog entries showcasing the birthday cards we'll be making at my upcoming birthday card making class.  Details for the class are at the end of this post. I still have a few openings, so contact me TODAY if you'd like to come!

Today's card is a CASE of a card made by one of my stampin' inspirations--Shana Gaff.  My BFF Lynn and I met Shana at last year's Stampin' Up convention and I've been following her blog ever since.  I love Shana's clean and simple (CAS) style.  When I saw this card on her blog, I knew I would copy and share everything (CASE) about it!  Because I'm doing a birthday card making class, I changed the sentiment, which means I needed to use a larger banner framelit, so I skipped the ribbon.  I also changed the candy dots on Shana's card to one of the new metal buttons from the Occasions mini catalog. And I used a different embossing folder--but the layout and idea is ALL Shana's.  (I hope you like her style 'cause you'll be seeing a little something-something from her again this week!)

(Stamp Set: Perfect Pennants: Card Stock: Crumb Cake, Marina Mist, Very Vanilla; Ink: Marina Mist; Accessories:  Argyle Embossing Folder, Banners Framelits Dies, Basic Metal Button)

BIRTHDAY CARD MAKING CLASS:  JANUARY 25, 2014



Time:  1:00-5:00 at my house

Make:  2 cards of each of 5 designs, including one distinctly male design

Cost:   $20--or $10 with a $50 order. Plus, if you order $50 you can choose a FREE Sale-a-Bration item. (Sale-a-Bration starts on January 28th, but I’ll hold the order until then so you can take advantage of SAB!)

No comments:

Post a Comment