Friday, January 3, 2014

A Real Life Paper Pumpkin

Before I talk about this month's Paper Pumpkin, I have an important announcement:  The Occasions mini catalog is LIVE!!! Yay! I'm so excited about this Occasions catalog because I really and truly LOVE many of the items in there! Usually it takes me a little bit to warm up to any new Stampin' Up product--but not this time! I nearly went broke putting my pre-order in!! You'll be seeing lots of posts using new items from the Occasions catalog--and from the upcoming Sale-a-Bration catalog.  

Want to see what's so exciting in the Occasions catalog? Just click on the link over there on the left.  If you're one of my regular customers, you should have received your copy in the mail. If you're not one of my regular customers, I'd love to be your Stampin' Up demonstrator. Please, oh, please contact me. And if you just want your own copy of the Occasions catalog to ooh and ahh over, let me know and I'll get one to you.

Now on to...

...this month's Paper Pumpkin is an adorbs freestyle journal. It came with bunches of little wooden people (which one stamper said looked like the people on a restroom door--heh!) It took me a minute to decide what to do with all the people, but I added my whole family to the front of my journal.  I zhuzhed it up a little bit using the "donut holes" from the designer series paper dividers. And I covered the "A" with a sticker that comes with the kit. I'm thinking about using the journal as a 365 gratitude book--and I just might. It's only the third day of the year. I think I can pretend I wrote something in it yesterday and on New Year's Day.

January 1, 2014:  I am grateful that another year is upon us full of opportunities.

January 2, 2014:  I am really grateful that God sent SNOW for my birthday! It's stunningly gorgeous.

January 3, 2014: I am really grateful I have two able-bodied (though grouchy) teenaged boys who can help me shovel the snow off our driveway so I can get to work.

That's a pretty good start. And here's the zhuzhed up MPP journal.

January 2014 My Paper Pumpkin Project






 BIRTHDAY CARD MAKING CLASS:  JANUARY 25, 2014



Time:  1:00-5:00 at my house

Make:  2 cards of each of 5 designs, including one distinctly male design

Cost:   $20--or $10 with a $50 order. Plus, if you order $50 you can choose a FREE Sale-a-Bration item. (Sale-a-Bration starts on January 28th, but I’ll hold the order until then so you can take advantage of SAB!)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment