Monday, October 7, 2013

CAS(E) this Sketch! Challenge

I'm trying to step outside my stamping "box" by participating in some online stamping challenges.  This week, I'm going to do a blog series on stamping challenge blogs.  I hope you'll play along with me!

My new friend Shana--who I met at the Stampin' Up convention this summer--is on a bunch of stamping challenge design teams and she plays in the online challenges.  I love Shana's stamping style and I'm glad that she links to all the challenges she participates in so that I could find some new and different challenges.

Today's challenge comes from the CAS(E) this Sketch! blog.  CASE stands for "copy and share everything", but you'll see that the "E" is in parentheses--CAS means clean and simple.  So this challenge blog is all about copying and sharing the clean and simple sketch.  Get it?!  

Here's the sketch for CTS challenge #48.



And here's my creation:


(Stamp Sets: Tags 4 You, Teeny Tiny Wishes; Ink: Basic Black: Markers: Cajun Craze, Tangerine Tango, Summer Starfruit; Card Stock: Cajun Craze, Basic Black, Very Vanilla; Accessories:  Bracket Label, Elegant Butterfly, and Word Window Punches, Stripes Embossing Folder)

I also CASEd a technique that Shana has been using lately on her creations.  To make the background of the top two medallions, I scribbled on my acrylic block with Cajun Craze, Tangerine Tango, and Summer Starfruit markers.  Then I spritzed the block with alcohol and stamped onto Very Vanilla card stock.  

I made the bats using the Elegant Butterfly punch.  No, really! I did!  First, I punched the butterfly.  Then I adhered the butterfly to a post-it note and put it back into the punch and chomped off the bottom party of the butterfly.  (If you search on You Tube, using "elegant butterfly Halloween bat" you'll find at least one how-to video.)

REMINDER:  I'll be selling new and used retired Stampin' Up stamps, inks, papers, tools--and other non-Stampin' Up items at the 3rd Annual Cropmania Fall Scrapbook Indoor Yard Sale on Sunday October 13.  Details below. Hope you'll come out and get some great deals!

HUGE MARKDOWNS AND GREAT DEALS AND BARGAINS!!!
Sunday October 13th
9am-2pm

Elks Lodge #622
2 Pythian Dr (off Rt 2)
Edgewater, MD 21037


51 Tables of Marked Down Scrapbooking/Stamping Supplies!
5 online stores (2-3 tables each), 8 Consultants,  30 ladies with way too much stuff!!!!


$5 at the door to get in


Bottled water and snacks available onsite for purchase.


For more info and directions, go to www.cropmania.com and click on Yardsale.





1 comment:

  1. Great Halloween cards!
    Thanks so much for playing along with CAS(E) this Sketch!

    ReplyDelete