Thursday, September 26, 2013

Convention (2013) Quality Swap Card

Every year at the Stampin' Up convention, one of my fave stampers and one of my fave people, Lyssa Zwolanek, hosts what she calls a "convention quality swap."  The rules are pretty stringent:  only current Stampin' Up products (natch!), at least three layers, at least one embellishment, high-quality work.  (Read more: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/demo-events-f29/lyssas-conv-2013-now-convention-quality-swap-cqs-14-full-closed-t571692.html#ixzz2frKNtjd5)  The first year I went to convention, I had to "try out" to join this swap.  Well, there's a newcomers group, but I was nervous that my card wasn't good enough, so I sent Lyssa a prototype for her to critique.  I found this in my sent mail.  Now that I look at it, I'm shocked that it was acceptable!  I need my shades--it's so bright!



Well, now that I passed the audition, so to speak, I'm a CQS "alumnus."  Unfortunately, last year I was on a business trip in another time zone (in Hawaii--a hardship tour!) and I couldn't get my act together to register for the CQS swap.  So sad.  I stalked the swappers last year because I wanted to see what they'd come up with.

This year, I stalked the Splitcoast Stampers SU Events group waiting for Lyssa to open the swap.  I was gonna be ready this year. Yes, I was! Well, Lyssa opened the swap early (and I wasn't paying attention, as usual) and by the time I contacted her to register for the swap--all the groups were filled!  What?! What?! But Lyssa is the most fantabulous person in the world and she opened a special spot just for little ol' me.  She's a sweetheart, I tell you.  Thanks, Lyssa!

Here's the CQS I made for Convention 2013.  I had this idea--and these colors--brewing in my mind for a while.  It makes me happy when my idea is translated to paper--and it turns out as I envisioned it!  After I punched the flowers and adhered them with dimensionals, I bent the edges of the flowers up to give them some dimension.


(Stamp Sets: Mixed Bunch, Sweet Essentials; Card Stock: Calypso Coral, Pink Pirouette, Pool Party, Early Espresso; Ink: Early Espresso; Accessories: Square Lattice Embossing Folder; Crumb Cake Seam Binding, Blossom Punch, 3/4" Circle Punch, Basic Pearls, Apothecary Accents Framelits)

No comments:

Post a Comment